The classic trait of technology is that it keeps changing and evolving. Implying that it’s inevitable to become obsolete if we do not learn the required skills to keep up with the rapid change. For Java programmers too, it is important to upskill every time there’s a new development in the language or the field of its application. Java changes a lot in a fairly short amount of time. So, Java programmers need to learn new things that will help them boost their careers.
Here are some advanced skills that can help Java Programmers to boost their careers.
- Spring Framework: Learning Spring Framework is recommended because it makes day-to-day Java programming easier as it provides not only dependency injection, which makes writing testable code easier but also many libraries and utility classes.
- REST: REST is an essential skill to learn for JAVA programmers because there are few to no web applications these days that make use of REST.
- Cloud Computing: Many organizations across the world are moving towards the cloud with the advancement and maturity of major cloud platforms. Cloud Computing becomes an important skill for JAVA programmers as the next generation of JAVA applications will be built for clouds.
- Maven: Maven is important for JAVA developers to learn as it not only solves the problem of dependency management but also provides a standard structure to Java projects.
- AWS: Since the Amazon Web Service is the most popular cloud platform today, there is a massive demand for professionals who can work with AWS tools and environments. Thus, it is a profiting skill to learn in 2022.
- CI (Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab, etc.): JAVA developers should undoubtedly invest in learning CI as continuous integration has significantly improved both, the quality and process of software development, and most organizations now have CI and CD.
- Hibernate: Data is an integral part of any Java application, and hibernate allows developers to focus on building application logic using Objects. It is, therefore, a skill that JAVA developers should not miss out.
- Microservices: JAVA brilliantly supports building Microservices using Spring Boot and Spring Cloud, and their rising fame has increased the demand for JAVA developers who are skilled in Microservices.
- Java EE: JAVA EE is one of the most in-demand skills for JAVA developers as many organizations which uses Java on their web stack, use Java EE for building their application.
- Docker: Docker is a container that abstracts away environment specifics required to run codes like installing Java, setting PATH, putting libraries, etc. Docker is recommended for Java developers as it makes it easy to replicate the environment without setting up servers.
Additionally, some other extremely useful skills for Java developers in 2022 are Spring Boot, SQL, Git, SOA, Elastic Search, Java SE, JUnit, TDD, NoSQL, Apache Kafka, MySQL.