Notice period: 30-45 Days
Location: Bangalore (WFH/WFO)
Experience required: 5-7 years
- 4 years of programming or software development experience
- Experience with multi-user software applications in a high demand, high availability environment
- Ability to optimize algorithms, develop and review code, debug and performance tune code, and document.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.
- Ability to adhere to CSG software development standards and procedures.
About the role / Description: This job is responsible for designing, developing/configuring, unit testing, debugging and troubleshooting relatively complex software or enhancements to software, related to implementation of company software products. Where required by the project, may also be responsible for supporting delivery and installation of software at customer premises.
Skills and Requirement:
- Preferred: Telecommunications industry experience and/or related product knowledge, e.g., billing, mediation, provisioning, settlement
- Knowledge of one or more relevant programming language, typically C, C++, Perl, Java, SQL, XML
- Broad understanding of UNIX operating environment.
- Broad understanding of end-to-end real time integration
- Customer Management Domain knowledge, e.g., PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of Multi-tiered, relational database architectures with UNIX, Oracle and Windows as the primary operating environments.
- Knowledge of middleware technologies, e.g., Tuxedo
- Awareness of industry standards such as TMForum
- Awareness of Agile Software development methodologies such as SAFE or Kanban
- Available for international and domestic travel when needed.
- Travel, after/off hours and extended on-site work will be required. Duration and extent of travel may vary per project. May also be required to be on call during non-standard work hours.
- Accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG’s core competencies and values.
- Exercises independent judgment after considering alternatives
- Works under the general guidance of more senior members of the team with occasional consultation and collaboration,
- Coordinates own tasks and those of junior team members to meet project schedules.
- In a team or independently, codes or configures software functionality according to functional specifications as to the agreed schedule. (50% of time)
- Unit tests code and debugs thoroughly. Coordinates issues, updates and fixes with the project team. Supports system and solution integration testing, user acceptance testing and provides timely resolutions to problems encountered. (20% of time)
- Participates in code reviews, design reviews, or other forms of team quality procedures. (10% of time)
- Resolves assigned tickets and communicates with clients on issues. Regularly consults the senior members of the team and architects on issues. (10% of time)
- Contributes to functional specification and detailed design documents. (10% of time)
- Assists in Release Management, Configuration Management, Build Management, Stream Management and Ticket Management as required.
- Mentors less experienced staff and consults with peers.
- Coordinates and communicates regularly with project team leaders and members.
- Knowledge of data formats, CSG product APIs, and development procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of at least one product implementation language, delivery package creation, and release note documentation.
- Understanding of implementation strategies for optimal use of CSG products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively convey and clarify complex information.
- Works well within a team environment.
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business or equivalent education/experience required.