Software Consultant shall be responsible for understanding the nature of the domain and the business requirement; information required to write test plans and test cases. This Role needs to create, maintain and execute automated test scripts; Analyzing automation execution results; Performing lifecycle testing and identifying system breakage points (investigative, production readiness etc.). Develop & execute test cases in alignment to test strategy.
· Understanding production infrastructure, product flow and design.
· System requirement specifications, analyzing requirements/seeking inputs for writing test plan, understanding of functional / non-functional requirements & applying accurate probing techniques (Focused group discussions and Interviews) wherever appropriate
· Independently deriving the test cases from the requirements
· Ensuring correctness and completeness of builds by using CM tools and its features (check in, checkout, merge, build, work area, branch, version and release numbering etc.)
· Independently undertaking both functional and non-functional testing
· Understanding software development lifecycle and overall application development space
· Adopting agile framework accurately for a given situation by understanding Agile manifesto and ceremonies
· Assessing and diagnosing issues across the various testing environment
· Using right datasets/files/tools for independent testing; Understanding of functional and non-functional testing
· Identify & manage risk while facilitating project planning & closure through the application of metrics
· Understanding of product Architecture and design is an added advantage.
· Testing principles & methodologies, testing methods (Regression testing, Usability testing, Acceptance Testing, System testing, Performance testing, Load Testing etc.), automation tools/techniques, software testing infrastructure, Continuous Integration / Deployment processes.
· Hands on experience doing Automation testing of web applications using C# with Selenium.
· OOPS concepts, SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), Problem-solving techniques.
· Agile practices, Alternative programming approaches (ADM/Scrum or Xtreme programming, KanBan, Re-factoring), ALM tools (TFS, Stat, Jira, etc.) at work
· Scoping, Scheduling, Resourcing, Effort estimation techniques, Software Development methodologies (AGILE, SCRUM, XP etc.), Work breakdown structures, Gantt charts and similar planning tools, Project requirements and goals, Communication/Escalation procedures, Microsoft Tools such as Visio and Microsoft Project
Educational Qualification and Experience:
Minimum of 15 years of formal education – Graduate / Post Graduate in Computer Science / Information Technology.
Professional work experience of 3+ years in QA Automation Testing (C# & Selenium).
Recruiter – Ajay Razdan