This is a Senior Developer position for Data Warehouse team based out of Morgan Stanley India office. The team supports PWM Asia business – which covers ultra-high net worth clients.
The candidate will be part of the Data Warehouse team which manages a large data warehouse & Analytics/Reporting platform for PWM Asia business. The data warehouse has numerous upstream systems to talk to and produces critical revenue reports for PWM Sales as well as regulatory reports for HKMA/MAS/Firm Compliance and Audit departments.
DB2 is used for storage and java services have been written to pull the data as well as share it with different consumers. Uses Dataiku for analytics functionality.
The person would be required to interface with multiple business as well as IT stake holders to understand requirements, design solutions and implement. The job would give opportunity to talk to PWM Sales, Compliance & Operations team.
The person is required to
– Have a good understanding of Data in general. Should have experience in data modeling & domain based architecture.
– Engage with business stakeholders for requirements understanding, scoping and conceptualizing solutions to automate business processes
– Responsible for end to end implementation of solutions, including hands on development work – Collaborate with other IT team on system level integrations
1. Candidate should have experience in Data warehousing/Data Analytics/ETL platforms.
2. Database: DB2 or any SQL based database with experience in writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures with performance optimization
3. Java: Some exposure to Java development using object-oriented design paradigms, concurrent and distributed programming would be helpful. Or candidate should be ready to learn.
4. Linux: Must be comfortable working in Linux environment
5. Devops – Should be well versed with Devops and related technologies.
6. Team management– Should be able to manage a team of 2-4 developers, their task & work assignment.
7. Strong written and oral communication skills. Should be comfortable talking to users.
Experience Range – 6-8 years of relevant experience
– Knowledge of Shell/Perl Scripts.
– Front end technology like Angular, Java Scripts and Web development, awareness building micro services.