Exp- 8+ Years
We are seeking skilled, enthusiastic and experienced technologists to help us build, automate and support Postgres DB as a service offering. Expectations of the role are that the candidate can cover the end-to-end development lifecycle and build unit testing and documentation into all solutions.
Key characteristics and primary responsibilities
- Experienced developer with 8 years of professional experience.
- Start date immediate
- Work in a globally distributed team to provide robust postgres solutions on an internal cloud
- Design and deploy compliant infrastructure to integrate with the required Morgan Stanley controls.
- Collaborate with IT Security to ensure necessary controls are deployed and tested
- Design, optimize and document the operational aspects in supporting the postgres platform
- Hands on experience with postgres such as installing/upgrading, configuration, troubleshooting and monitoring
- Strong development skills in Python is a MUST!
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows platforms
- Experience with Agile and DevOps concepts such as SCRUM and Kanban
- Strong communication and written skills
· Knowledge of security (SAML, SCIM, OAuth, OpenID, Kerberos, Policies, entitlements etc.)
· Experience with architecting and maintaining high availability production systems
· Developing monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts