Experience: 5-6 Years
Type: Work from Office
Notice Period: Immediate to 30 Days
We are seeking an experienced Oracle Database Administrator to join our IT team. As an Oracle DBA, you will be responsible for maintaining the performance, integrity, and security of our Oracle database systems. Your expertise will be critical in ensuring the availability and reliability of our databases to support the organization’s operations and applications.
- Work with a team that supports large number of Oracle databases.
- Participate in management, prioritization, minor enhancements / fix activities, problem management, stability analysis, etc.
- To be proactive in nature thus identifying problems in advance and looking for continuous service improvements.
- Min 10+ years of experience in Oracle database administration in production environments on Unix, Windows and Linux OS.
- Capable of performing Database Administration tasks independently in Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c and 19c.
- Analysis of technical issues and permanent fix/solution.
- Implementation of RAC, ASM, Data Guard for database failover between Data center and DR site, perform switchover /failover activities.
- Work on the performance issues related to Clustering, Create logical diagrams to figure out the loop pools in the database designs and functionality.
- Diagnose and resolve performance, connectivity, security and database corruption issues in a critical production environment.
- All above applicable to infrastructure which has standalone and RAC databases using file-system based or ASM based storage.
- Provide capacity planning and performance monitoring of our database environments.
- Support, administer and maintain production and non-production database environments.
- Implement and maintain proactive database monitoring.
- Work with engineering and application support teams to identify, triage and resolve performance issues. This requires the ability to analyze, optimize and tune complex SQL queries.
- Deploy and maintain high availability and failover technologies such as Active Data Guard, RAC.
- Create, clone and upgrade database environments to support implementation activities.
- Define, implement and support database backup and recovery policies using RMAN and/or storage replication technologies.
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Perform database restoration and recovery in the event of a failure.
- Ensure sensitive data is appropriately protected via industry standard encryption solutions.
- Contribute to, and update, systems documentation as required.
- Participate in providing 24×7 support on rotational basis to ensure operations of these critical systems for different customers.
- Must have implemented and supported mission critical systems providing 24X7 support.
- Must have excellent shell scripting skills.
- Must have proven experience in tuning databases and queries.
- Can drive projects to get the projects accomplished with superior results.
- Must deliver winning results and take accountability for your actions.
- Must be an expert in diagnosing and solving complex problems.
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills and have the ability to influence others.
- Must have 10+ years of Oracle database related work experience.
- Must have a BS or MS in Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered).
- Deep understanding of Oracle DBMS 11.2,12c and 19C.
- Must have a deep understanding of Oracle Grid/RAC, Oracle Partitioning, Oracle CIS Security Standards, Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Must understand Oracle performance tuning techniques.
- Deep understanding of database replication using the following technologies: Oracle Active Data Guard, Oracle Golden Gate related data replication products.
- Significant experience with HP-UX, Linux (RHEL).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven work experience as an Oracle Database Administrator or a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle database management, SQL, and PL/SQL programming.
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager and other database monitoring tools.
- In-depth understanding of database backup and recovery strategies.
- Solid understanding of database security concepts and best practices.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot database-related issues effectively.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Oracle certifications (e.g., Oracle Certified Professional) are a plus.
Benefits and About NetConnect Global:
Joining NCG means contributing to a shared ambition for reliable work culture, tackling extraordinary technological challenges in multicultural teams, preserving your work/life balance, and more! At NCG, you can explore excellent benefits designed to uplift and a solid community to upskill you.
We have more benefits for you. Apart from our excellent work culture, we believe in flexibility and freedom. As a part of NCG, you will enjoy exclusive benefits that keep growing!
What We Offer:
- Career and competence support.
- Clearly defined career paths
- Personal Accident Policy
- Paid Maternity Leave and Paternity Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Open Door Policy
- Disability Income Protection
- Equal Employment Opportunity