Experience: 4-6 Years
Type: Work from Office
CTC: 10-13 LPA
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Equivalent
We are looking for an experienced Linux Engineer to join our Team and help develop, maintain and support our Linux systems and applications. The successful candidate must possess strong Knowledge of Linux products and technologies and provide advanced technical support.
The ideal candidate must be able to integrate technical Knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for customers. Have a strong customer focus, sensitivity in dealing with diverse cultures, and ability to learn and adapt quickly. If you think you’re right, apply now and be the change!
- Strong Knowledge in installing, configuring, troubleshooting and Administration of all flavours of Linux is a must.
- Troubleshooting networking issues and a strong understanding of Cluster Services
- Good Knowledge of SAN technologies and converged solutions
- Good Knowledge of HP Servers Blade, Rackmount and Virtual Connect OS/patch/security update/management.
- Disaster Recovery planning and conducting DR tests are mandatory.
- Prepare Service delivery reports and participate in customer meetings.
- Routine Performance Analysis, Capacity Analysis, and security audit analysis report to the customer for necessary planned changes.
- Linux Vulnerability Assessment and Mitigation
- HPE Service Guard cluster on RHEL
- Knowledge of Patch deployment solutions Redhat Satellite
- Working Knowledge of SUSE Linux and HP UX is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Commitment to delivering a high-quality product and solution support is mandatory.
- Must achieve superior customer satisfaction
- Take ownership and work with high productivity and efficiency.
- Support other team members and seek their advice to decide on complex issues.
- Deliver training when required.
- Resolve customer’s issues via the telephone, email or remote sessions.
- Must be able to reproduce issues in-house and respond promptly.
- Regular follow-ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans must be conducted.
- Identify and escalate issues promptly to vendors according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for Standard Operating procedures issuance to the incident management team.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Collaborate with other CoE/HW teams in diagnosing and isolating the cause of complex issues.
- Maintain quality on case documentation, SLA timeframes and operational metrics.
- Performs within the Productivity Measure of the Team (scorecard)
- Incident Management: Resolve single and cross-technology incidents independently. Lead the team members to resolve complex or cross-technology incidents.
- Escalation Management: Identity, manage and lead technical escalations. Participate in formal Escalation when required to support Escalation, especially during a crisis.
- Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in the team/technology area. Perform Trend and Root cause analysis.
- Change Management/Implementation: Independently prepare, review, implement, roll back and test plans for change records. Perform risk and impact analysis for changes, May lead or participate in a Change Advisory Board.
- Patch and Security Management: Apply patch and security changes per policy. Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance. Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment.
- Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Solution Design: Apply HPE solutions to meet highly complex customer and trade/HPE infrastructure needs.
- Quality: May provide feedback/influence change in internal and vendor-provided products/service offerings.
- Project Management: Participate, propose, and lead customer and internal projects across technology customers, including Knowledge Transfer (KT) and Transition. Create Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Customer Relationship Management: Influence customers and internal businesses/end users regarding operational details, solutions, and proposals and become a trusted advisor to the customer.
- Work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, or multi-functional.
- Lead teams which address operational processes and policies in the work area.
- Seen as a resource to the Team in one or more technical or business areas. Becoming a trusted advisor inside and outside the team/technology area.
- Minimum five years of experience in an Enterprise technical support environment
- Relevant certification on the latest track like CCNA / RHCE will be an added advantage.
- Flexible to work in a 24X7 support environment
What We Offer:
- Career and competence support.
- Clearly defined career paths
- Personal Accident Policy
- Paid Maternity Leave and Paternity Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Open Door Policy
- Disability Income Protection
- Equal Employment Opportunity