Experience Required: 8 – 15 Years
MODE OF WORK: Work from the Office
Industry: Oil and Gas, Real Estate
Notice Period: 30 Days
NCG (NetConnect Global) is a digital transformation, professional services, and engineering company that delivers cutting-edge solutions for global organizations and technology startups. Since 1997 we have been helping companies and established brands reimagine their business through digitalization. NCG is a Great Place to Work Certified Company with over 22,000 Alumni and 1600+ full-time permanent employees.
What’s The Role
As IT Infrastructure Project Manager at NCG, you will be on the Global Real Estate Office Change IT (REOCIT) Programme, which manages the IT delivery for most of our significant Real Estate managed office implementation projects.
You will be responsible for the IT design and build portion of RE Office projects. The role will involve working closely with Real Estate and approved IT infrastructure service providers and coordinating closely with Real Estate’s construction, electrical, HVAC, mechanical, civil, and asset protection engineering trades to ensure that the IT requirements are met.
You will typically deliver infrastructure projects that cut across all businesses and typically include end-user computing, telecoms, low voltage design, Audio Video, hosting and storage components, and potentially requiring new service developments.
This involves designing and deploying Audio-Visual solutions for standard meeting rooms, advanced meeting rooms such as Townhall, Board Rooms, Multipurpose/Learning rooms, Crisis Rooms, Real Time Operating Centers/Collaborative Work Environments, etc.
You are expected to interact directly with and manage multiple third-party vendors and sub-vendors in executing and delivering the infrastructure and audio-visual elements. This includes all HSSE assurance, compliance, and oversight elements. Furthermore, you will need to coordinate and integrate delivery from subcontracted teams of multiple vendors to complete specific work tasks.
The REOCIT Project Manager’s main goal is to ensure an office IT design which meets our standards, with timely build-out to meet customer expectations, manage timelines of specific work packages in line with the overall office project goals, and ensure overall HSSE compliance and safe delivery of projects.
- Minimum 2 + Years experience working in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- PMP (PMI) certification.
- Project Manager experience in software development.
Your Roles and Responsibilities include the following:
- Agree and deliver a body of work, organised into programmes, projects and workstreams to agreed time, cost, quality, risk, and benefit profiles, delivered within our standards and controls framework.
- Proactively analyse variances against the plan to assess trends threatening agreed scope, time, cost, and quality commitments. Identify signs that a project may be at risk and take appropriate action.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders such as users, customers or suppliers to fully benefit from the delivered products, services and change.
- Develop and execute appropriate change and engagement plans to achieve necessary behaviour changes in order to maximise benefits.
- Align expectations and ensure that the decision-making of stakeholders happens in a timely and effective manner.
- Mobilise and lead teams composed of a mixture of staff and suppliers across organisational boundaries and the natural team. Ensure they have the necessary skills, capacity and experience to achieve the required outcomes.
- Develop the skills of team members through coaching, delegation and providing stretching assignments.
- Understand, assess and embed the right delivery methodologies, considering the project and business constraints.
- Assess programme risks as they are encountered and evaluate trade-offs between cost, time, quality, risk and ultimately benefit, continuously managing the business cases of constituent projects and workstreams.
- Ensure that all deliverables, whether software, hardware, processes, products or business change are fit for purpose, meet all relevant requirements and are effectively transitioned to support and business-as-usual.
- Ensure that the business value intended by the work is explicit, agreed and delivered.
What do we need from you?
- Significant experience providing hands-on IT project management (ideally on physical construction projects), matrix managing both internal staff and external vendor contract teams.
- Significant experience performing Project Management for equivalent Real Estate office ventures, including designing and building out new offices, moving office locations, office connectivity, Audio Video (AV)/collaboration design, networking, voice systems, hardware procurement and installation with aggressive delivery goals.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience directing and managing wired and wireless construction or project builds. • Coordination and/or technical experience in building out new offices or moving office locations, including office connectivity, networking, hardware procurement and installation of servers, AV, desktops, phones and printers.
- Proven experience with the integration of multiple internal and external suppliers and vendors towards a common objective working in the new space, including architects, security, IT operations, furniture installers, and property management
- Very strong ability to integrate multiple suppliers and vendors towards a common objective.
- Ability to work to/within non-negotiable delivery schedules.
- Experience in the management of multiple parallel interdependencies within an office construction schedule.
- Experience in defining and implementing HSSE plans for high-risk physical works on site.
- Demonstrated attention to quality construction practices and ensured timely close-out and safe delivery of the project schedule.
- Demonstrated ability for risk planning and management.
- Demonstrated capability for strong stakeholder management, including senior leadership.
- Experience in sourcing appropriate delivery vendors. • Strong time management and technology construction-related quality and safety experience.
- Exceptional composition, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Multi-tasker with the ability to successfully manage numerous projects and tasks concurrently.
- Strong ability to influence IT and non-IT stakeholders towards solutions.
- Integration experience with non-IT driven components including Smart sensors, CCTV and ProWatch.
- Experience in coordinating user moves between offices, including the management of business change.
- Solution-oriented with strong leadership skills and a passion for excellence.
- Domain Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to conduct on-site and/or remote real estate/construction site assessments for requirements gathering at beginning of a project
- Design and deliver office technology build-outs including LAN/IDF/Data Center space build, AV/Collaboration, and desktop installations
- Directly responsible for the overall success of IT construction projects. Must have the ability to forecast construction start and completion dates, understand dependencies and identify issues that will cause delays. The candidate will report issues or challenges to the REOCIT / RE sponsors and propose solutions to keep projects on track
- Design and implementation services for wide area network/carriers, Wi-Fi, LAN, data centre, electric, low voltage cabling, A/V, video conferencing, desktops, printers/copiers, IDF closet buildouts, voice/phones, HVAC, office space/furniture, office security, and other technology related construction activities
- Collaborate with vendors working in the new space, including architects, security, low voltage cabling, furniture installers, and property management
- Coordinate and/or perform technical aspects of building out new offices or moving office locations, including office connectivity, networking, hardware procurement and installation of servers, AV, desktops, phones and printers
- Managing the creation of third-party RFPs, and Statements of Work, while adhering to in-house standards for product/vendor evaluation and selection
- Cross team management with other departments and entities requirements to ensure proper scope management, safety, and timely build schedules
- Provision of change management communications for office personnel and stakeholders during and after the move
- Maintain a safe environment and ensure all safety standards are met
- A good understanding of the wide range of Audio-Visual (AV)solutions and designing planning and deploying such AV Solutions across the globe will be an added advantage.
Key IT Focus/Knowledge Areas:
- Core GI networks (wired & wireless)
- Wide-area networks
- Datacenter connectivity
- Direct network connectivity (desks, meeting rooms, AV, security) including cabling guidance
- Standard AV and special AV installations
- End-user computing standard/special desktop setup • Printing solutions
- Specialist IT/AV facilities (ie Telepresence, Townhall, Cyber defence, Operations Centres, iScope, Learning Centres)
- Unified communications (UCC) systems
- Telephony Solutions
- Internet Breakout, Firewalls, Third Party Access routers
- Local Hosting requirements
- Specialist business IT solutions
- Cellular Amplification Systems (DAS)
- Digital signage
- Back-end data management (Active Directory updates)
- Experience in defining and implementing HSSE plans for high-risk physical works on site.
- Knowledge of IT cabling standards and best practices
- Understanding of Work WELL standards (particularly in designing the Technology components)
- (Assisting Real Estate) in building selection, providing IT considerations standpoint
- (Assisting Real Estate) with Equipment Room Design considerations, including layout, racks, power, cooling etc
- Knowledge of Fire detection and suppression systems
What We Offer:
- Career and competence support.
- Clearly defined career paths
- Medical Insurance up to Rs.20 Lakhs *
- Personal Accident Policy
- Paid Maternity Leave and Paternity Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Open Door Policy
- Disability Income Protection
- Equal Employment Opportunity
Are you a Doer or Achiever?
At NCG, our doors are open for Doers and Achievers alike. We are a tribe where we create, innovate, learn and Contribute in a comfortable, transparent, and fair environment.
Joining NCG means contributing to a shared ambition for reliable work culture, tackling extraordinary technological challenges in multicultural teams, preserving your work/life balance, and more! At NCG, you can explore excellent benefits designed to uplift and a solid community to upskill you.
We have more benefits for you. Apart from our excellent work culture, we believe in flexibility and freedom. As a part of NCG, you will enjoy exclusive benefits that keep growing!