- Designs develops and supports applications using products like Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, and Teradata would fall under this role.
- Basic tasks include Installation and configuration of Databases, back up, restoring databases, setting up High Availability
- Disaster recovery, performance tuning, RAC administration, Golden Gate etc.
Key Responsibilities :
- Perform database administrative procedures using the latest tools and technologies
- Oversees small and medium projects using: project management, budgeting, and financial tracking controls Provides project reporting to project sponsors
- Designs develop and implement complex physical databases across multiple platforms, technologies, and computing environments
- Monitors the performance of databases and makes tuning changes
- Oversees ongoing system capacity planning, forecasting, and tuning.
Professional Attributes :
Good communication, good attitude, willingness to learn.