Notice Period: Immediate to 30 Days
Experience: 4 – 6 Years
Skills Required: labour law, Compliance Advisory, Regulatory Affairs, Government Liasioning, State Laws, Gratuity, Wage & Hour Laws.
Educational Qualifications: LLB, or LLM
About the role:
The person will be responsible for looking after all labour law compliances of NCG in India. The role would entail ensuring that the company is 100% compliant under various labour laws including the Employees Provident Fund & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952, Employees State Insurance Act, 1948, Shops & Establishments Act as applicable in various states in India, Profession Tax Act, Payment of Bonus Act, 1965, Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972, Minimum Wages Act, 1948 and other relevant Acts.
Apart from undertaking compliances such as obtaining registrations, filing returns, and maintaining registers, the person will also be responsible for handling notices received by various departments, drafting submissions, liaisoning with regulatory authorities, and doing all such activities as may be required in relation to labour laws in India.
It is imperative that the person has prior experience in handling labour compliance and advisory work and should have expert knowledge of labour statutes applicable in various States in India. The person should be resourceful and have a solution-oriented approach to work.
- Responsible for all labour law compliances applicable to the company including applying for registrations, preparing and filing periodic returns, computing and depositing payments/ contributions, prepare and maintaining various registers.
- Analyse the applicability of various provisions of labour law statutes. Provide proper research and well-thought-through solutions/advice on labour law matters.
- Keep track of amendments in labour laws across India and analyse applicability/ impact on the company and clients.
- Responsible for updating changes in Acts, rules, and procedures under compliance.
- Liaison with third-party consultants, wherever required, to undertake compliances applicable in various States in India.
Below are the desired and preferred skills and competencies for this position:
- Knowledge of PAN India labour compliances
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written communications).
- Solution-oriented approach to tasks
- Should be able to work independently
- Time management, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, committed and driven.