Experience: 3-6 Years
Morgan Stanley Sales and Trading Production Management team is the global group responsible for ensuring optimal performance and stability of applications and infrastructure providing critical IT services to Sales and Trading applications.
The role offers a fast-paced and interesting mix of technical and business challenges, allowing the holder to develop an in-depth understanding of Morgan Stanley’s trading technologies and businesses. While direct experience with these systems and business lines is not essential, the role requires these skills and knowledge to be developed over time.
The team operates on a global, follow-the-sun basis that includes weekend coverage on rotation.
Candidates would be expected to perform the following roles:
· Monitor and respond to user-reported issues as well as infrastructure alerts promptly and professionally; ensure issues are tracked through to resolution.
· Manage proactive ready-for-business checks, identify and fix gaps, and respond promptly to failures.
· Ensure efficient incident management, ensuring accurate communication to impacted groups and timely resolution.
· Facilitate root cause investigations and manage the implementation of corrective and preventative measures.
· Partner with development teams to drive stability, operational excellence, and a culture of efficiency.
· Ensure team knowledge is current and forward-looking.
· Respond to regulatory and compliance issues with urgency.
· Liaise with external technology vendors and exchanges to coordinate changes and resolve connectivity and market data issues.
· Review, execute, and verify production changes in strict accordance with procedures defined in change documents.
· Take an active role in planned technology events, i.e. business continuity tests, ensuring recovery procedures are accurate and complete.
· Leverage tools and resources available within the firm to simplify, automate, or eliminate inefficiencies
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university
· Minimum 2 years in a support role.
· Strong proficiency with Linux.
· Experience providing application support for mission-critical applications
· Able to troubleshoot, problem solve, analytical thinker.
· Strong scripting skills, like Perl, Python, or UNIX shell.
· Solid SQL databases experience
· Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
· Understanding of electronic and/or algorithmic trading systems Equities or Fixed Income platform.
· Good working knowledge of trading and risk management business concepts
· Working knowledge of FIX protocol
· Familiarity with job scheduling tools (Autosys) and version control tools (Perforce/Clear Case)
- Network diagnostic skills and experience with networks and realtime messaging technologies (multicast, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP)Network diagnostic skills.