Experience: 5-8 years
Educational Qualification: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
Location: Mumbai/ Bangalore
Key Technical Skills: Application Support, Linux, Scripting
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Apply technical skills to design, build and automate application platforms both on-premises and cloud.
- Partner with other teams in Morgan Stanley like enterprise infrastructure, MIS, networking, security, storage, and database and data center to roll out application platforms successfully as per the design
- Coordinate with development and business teams to obtain sign-off for non-functional requirement testing.
- Maintain a 360-degree view of an application and its underlying middleware and infrastructure components.
- Produce reusable infrastructure designs patterns for future reference and periodically review/refresh the patterns.
- Support vendor/vendor technology onboarding following the Morgan Stanley best practices and security blueprint.
- Apply technical skills to automate daily support functions, improve system stability, support hygiene initiatives and deliver innovation that creates efficiency and consistency.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience of the Linux 7 operating system.
- Hands-on experience on shell and python scripting
- Hands-on experience of web servers (Apache / Nginx), Application Servers (Tomcat / JBoss) to include application integration, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience on Docker containers, Kubernetes
- DevOps engineering experience with automated build tools, continuous integration, and continuous deployment concepts.
- Basic operational knowledge of RDBMS/SQL and Cloud(Azure/AWS).
- Familiar with SSL certs upgrade/renewal, Kerberos, and standard encryption methodologies including SSL and TLS.
Desired / Nice to have skills:
- Exposure to tools like App Dynamics, Open Telemetry, Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk, Ansible, Kafka
- Exposure to Big Data platforms like Hadoop / Cloudera and ELK Stack
- Capacity planning and performance tuning exercise
- Identity management protocols like OIDC / OAuth, SAML, LDAP integration
- A system architecture/developer work experience
- Prior experience managing large web-based n-tier applications in secure environments on cloud (Azure/AWS)