- Installs, configures and upgrades RDBMS or NoSQL server software and related products on Cloud.
- Has knowledge of database including MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, CouchbaseDB etc.
- Possible sub-skills include DB name itself like MongoDB, Cassandra, Cloudant, and others.
Key Responsibilities :
- Provision database instances.
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases.
- Prepare documentations and specifications.
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Technical Experience :
- Experience in Configure, manage and troubleshoot MongoDB Sharded cluster.
- Good troubleshooting skills on performance issues, replication issues, or operational issues like alerts alert log, jobs, disk group, etc.
- Good understanding of DB schema design, performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Experienced in upgrades of MongoDB, database migrations and patching.
- Knowledge in Optimizing query performance.
Professional Attributes :
Good communication, good attitude, willingness to learn.