- Installs configures and upgrades RDBMS or NoSQL server software and related products on Cloud.
- Has knowledge of databases including MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, CouchbaseDB etc.
- Possible sub-skills include DB name itself like MongoDB, Cassandra, Cloudant, and others.
• Design, development, data modeling with anyone of NoSQL databases like Cassandra, MongoDB,
Redis, Couchbase, etc.
• Responsible for Database design, performance tuning, query tuning, and Database operations.
• Responsible for designing and Maintaining the indexes.
• Responsible for installation, configuration, creation, and administration of Cassandra, MongoDB,
Redis, Couchbase Databases.
• Configure and manage replication (Master-Master, Master-Slave, Cluster replication, etc.)
• Work on maintaining database security (roles, privileges, authentication).
• Create and maintain documentation, procedures, and best practices for database deployment and
• Responsible to manage NoSQL Databases on Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.), Linux, and Docker
• Hands-on Experience in AWS, Azure & Docker, etc.
• Previous working experience as a NoSQL DBA for 3-5 years
• In-depth knowledge of NoSQL Databases and Graph Databases.
• Experience implementing Database design, Development, and DBA activities.
• Experience with Clustering configuration, setup, and maintenance.
• Experience and knowledge with NoSQL Databases on Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) and Linux platform.
• Experience in databases performance and capacity planning.
• Develop and implement Defragmentation strategies and Index rebuilds
• Backup and restores, Export, and Import Data in multiple data sources.
• Automate routine tasks with your own Shell scripts and open-source tools
• Solid experience in Database Design.
• Solid experience in anyone of NoSQL & Graph Databases ( MongoDB, CosmosDB, RavenDB,
CouchDB, Neo4j) and tuning with extensive experience as a Database Administrator in medium or
• Highly proficient in SQL with a solid understanding of database concepts (e.g. entity-relationship
modeling, nth normal form, Object-relational mapping)
• Install, deploy and manage NoSQL Databases on physical, virtual machines & Cloud environments.
• Secure NoSQL DB environment with standard security practices.
• Thorough understanding and significant experience of database backup and recovery, performance
monitoring and tuning, data manipulation and migration, and advanced replication technologies.
• Good Understanding and experience with NoSQL DB Replication and Sharding.
• Experience and knowledge with CRUD Operations & writing Complex DB queries etc.
• Hands-on approach to problem-solving
• Database Health checks to be created and published to monitoring systems
• Identify slow queries
• Replication lags
• Node Failures
• Index Usage patterns
• CPU Usage
• Memory Usage
• No of connections
• And any other params which can be added as part of database health checks.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal coupled with strong problem-solving skills
• Experience in Cloud Technology for Deployment of Services is a plus (Docker / Kubernetes / AWS /
• Automate routine tasks with your own Shell scripts and open-source tool