- Installs, configures and upgrades RDBMS or NoSQL server software and related products on Cloud.
- Has knowledge of database including MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, CouchbaseDB etc.
- Possible sub-skills include DB name itself like MongoDB, Cassandra, Cloudant, and others.
Key Responsibilities :
- Required Experience in MYSQL and Mongo as Mandatory.
- Couchbase/cassandra/Redis will be an added advantage.
- AWS Cloud Services(RDS/DYnamoDB/Elasticache) will be an added advantage.
- Installation, Upgrade, Patching, & Migrating databases.
- Monitor & maintain existing systems & alerts.
- Maintain trackability of any database changes via Jira Tickets for maintaining compliance & security.
- Work closely with Tech/DevOps to support applications, & org level releases.
- Optimize and Maintain databases, scripts, feature enhancements, and data integration solutions, as required.
- Require Generic DBA, so can include Application duties like Optimizing Slow Query logs & Performance tuning.
- Create and update documentation.
- Carry out day to day DBA activities in a support env.
- Backup and Recovery of Multi Tenancy databases.(Incremental, Differential, Full).
- Migration and cloning for Hybrid-Cloud-Platform using different approaches.
- Efficient in Security implementation in Database i.e Encryption at Rest/Transit with TLS enabled.
- Experience with Data Archiving, Dynamic Password Rotation
Professional Attributes :
Good communication, good attitude, willingness to learn.