Locations: Spain, Italy, Sofia, Tunis, India
- for ONLINE and BATCH migration:
- Review the results of the source code inventory of the Mainframe system to be migrated. Ask the Inventory team the reports and data relevant for the migration of the Online/Batch applications.
- Analyze the Online/Batch subsystems of the Mainframe to be migrated. Match the requirements and needed functionalities with the ones covered by the destination platform and framework (usually, Micro Focus Enterprise Server). Clearly identify and assess the gap.
- Design and implement the technical solution for the Online/Batch migration functionality gap, and create the corresponding documentation.
- Perform the internal testing for the technical solutions.
- Support the functional testing of the whole migration solution. Analyze and solve the detected issues.
- Support the performance and load testing of the whole migration solution. Analyze and solve the detected issues.
- Perform the move to production activities.
- Support the Post-GoLive. Analyze and solve the detected issues.
Must-have Experience (in brackets the expected experience for an Expert):
- 7+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (10+ years in total).
- 3+ (5+) years of experience in Mainframe Migration (Rehosting) Projects including detailed knowledge of the target environment (ideally Micro Focus Enterprise Server)
- for ONLINE migration:
- 2+ (5+) years of experience in CICS migration by re-hosting involving IBM Mainframe zOS to Linux/ Windows platforms
Relevant Experience and Knowledge:
- 3+ (5+) years of experience with programing C/C++, Java, SQL Language, COBOL and Shell scripting is a must
- 2+ (5+) years of experience with Linux/Windows Systems is a must
- 2+ years of experience with DBs (Oracle, DB2, MS-SQL)
- Must have at least one Industrial certifications (e.g. Linux/Microsoft or Programing Language)
- Working knowledge of IBM mainframe zOS environment (online – CICS/IMS, batch, security, scheduling, printing) and programming languages COBOL, Assembler (and ideally PL1)
- 2+ years of experience in Project scoping, scheduling, estimates time/cost for deliverables, and documentation
- High analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Commitment and attitude to deliver high quality solution (holistic) support
- Act as and support a team at a worldwide level
- Is used to work on and with virtual teams as part of a remote delivery model
- Proficiency in English language skills
It is imperative that the applicant possess the right attitude to embrace changes in technology and he/she demonstrate the ability to work outside his comfort zone in gaining skills on all components in the solution stack.